Renowned for its stunning white sand beaches and crystal clear waters, rich culture and flavored cuisine, Thailand is a Southeast Asian paradise.
But today we won’t talk about its scenic beauty, fabulous temples, lovely population and other common things people like about Thailand. Instead, let’s talk about the little things of day-to-day live that will surprise you.
The 12 unexpected things that stood out when travelling in Thailand:
1. You can stop for a nap anywhere anytime
2. English class in the rural mountainous schools of Northern Thailand focuses on business keywords
3. Fashion is everywhere
4. Bangkok traffic jam is a colorful rainbow of vehicles
5. Curious contrast between urban pollution and refined street cuisine
6. Organised mess of the shopping markets in Chiang Mai
7. Ingenious engineering
8. Laid back hotel reception
9. Gas stations by day transforming into trendy bars by night
10. Cheap and cheerful improvised hair salons on the street
11. The mobile ‘bank-on-wheels’ fitted in van
12. Surrealist market on the rail tracks
Let us know if you have captured other unexpected or amusing scenes while travelling abroad!