Australia has long been perceived as the ideal penal settlement for British convicts. Nowadays, despite all its deadly birds, snakes, crocodiles and sharks, Australia is rather considered as a paradise on earth.
With a vast land whose moods and features change as you travel through, Australia is a country of stunning contrasts and natural wonders.
Here are the 14 things that we think you should absolutely do in Australia (in no specific order):
1. Experience spectacular views along the Great Ocean Road and the iconic rock formations of the Twelve Apostles.
2. Explore the vast desert area of the Outback and rave about sunrise and sunset over sacred Uluru.
3. Walk through ancient aboriginal art sites and learn about the Dreamtime in Kakadu National Park.
4. Immerse yourself in the underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef as you snorkel or dive amongst tropical fish and amazing corals.
5. Venture into virgin tropical rainforests at Cape Tribulation.
6. Contemplate the majestic opera house in the heart of cosmopolitan Sydney.
7. Play around with the Devils Marbles in the middle of nowhere.
8. Drive through Tasmania’s dramatic and beautiful landscapes.
9. Hold a koala and feed kangaroos at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, Brisbane.
10. Sail around the stunning tropical islands of the Whitsundays and stroll barefoot on Whitehaven Beach.
11. Meet the Three Sisters in the spectacular Blue Mountains.
12. Camp under the beautiful star-filled sky of Central Australia while enjoying a hearty bush dinner cooked over a crackling fire.
13. Explore Katherine Gorge by canoe.
14. Enjoy a delicious toast of Vegemite for breakfast every morning.
Vegemite breakfast’s photo is courtesy of Janeen.